Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

For the Toyota Enthusiast.

NOTE: Section LOCKED - no new topics can be posted. Please use one of the relevant subsections
Forum rules: Please use proper topics (subject) for your posts. Topics like "Please help", "Advice needed", "Info please" or any other uninformative topics that doesn't reflect what the post is about will be deleted without warning.

Jacking threads will be a 2 business day (So Saturday and Sunday is excluded) ban, so watch it.
By ASHWIN
Hi ,

My car has a 1-2 second delay on acceleration , all gears .
Replaced the oxygen sensor and timing is set correctly .

What could be the cause ?

Thanks
By RXITING-GP
Good question , im also having that prob... If you find out let me know and if i come right i will let you know. :thumbright:
By Cousen
clutch slipping?
By RXITING-GP
I've got a new clutch in (asian)
By Cousen
delay at any rpm? does the engine tone change or anything?
By RSiFAN
Have you replaced the branch, downpipe or exhaust any time recently?
By Street Legal
Hi , its my bra's car . He got a full 57mm viper branch and exhaust . It was always on the car but the car had a flat spot so he never noticed the delayed acceleration . Now that he has changed the oxygen sensor he has the delay. @Cousen - the delay is at any rpm , no change in tone . The car holds back power for that short period and the acceleration is back to normal until you change gear .
By Cousen
Cool. Is at only when he goes full throttle or say over half, or even if he feathers it.
By RSiFAN
I know a few guys who had that issue with aftermarket branch or downpipe, I have that problem because of my aftermarket downpipe. Problem is the piping diameter is too large, but it only affects me at low rpm. Could be something else. Maybe the intake needs to be cleaned, or maybe try cleaning the injectors.
By Peskom
Howzit.

Did your bra reset the ECU after installing the O2 sensor? I done it to my car after installing the new O2 sensor and it helped. It takes all of 10-20 min and it's the easiest thing to try first.
I also have a full viper branch and 63mil exhaust. Still have a slight bit of a hesitation but only between 2.2 and 3000 rpm.
By Street Legal
we reset the ecu , but still the same
Gonna change the dizzy first , then rotor , then leads this weekend and check .

Will keep you guys posted ?

Another q - will the vvt not engaging cause this ?
By RXITING-GP
Street Legal wrote:we reset the ecu , but still the same
Gonna change the dizzy first , then rotor , then leads this weekend and check .

Will keep you guys posted ?

Another q - will the vvt not engaging cause this ?

Rotor cheap why dont get it one time... just my 2 cents :thumbright: ... toyota got it for R150.00 but ask for 20% discount.
By Slick_Madir
Ok, I know this might sound stupid, but have any of you guys tried replacing the accelerator cable? It could possibly be stretched which could cause somewhat of a delay. Like I said its probably a stupid thing to check, but Im sure you must be driving your car hard and just pushing the pedal down...it may cause the cable to get "pulled" which could lead to a delay. Maybe worth having a look at. Don't know....
Conquest Clips

Hi Guys, I am looking for the clips for the rear[…]