Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

For the Toyota Enthusiast.

NOTE: Section LOCKED - no new topics can be posted. Please use one of the relevant subsections
Forum rules: Please use proper topics (subject) for your posts. Topics like "Please help", "Advice needed", "Info please" or any other uninformative topics that doesn't reflect what the post is about will be deleted without warning.

Jacking threads will be a 2 business day (So Saturday and Sunday is excluded) ban, so watch it.
By Hybrid
Hi Everyone

So i installed my short shifter on my car last week [Myself-DIY]
and let me tell you that this is one beautiful piece of machinery.

A big thanks to RedRocket for getting these awesome shifters made.
Believe me_my shifter seems to have cut my gearchanges down
to almost half_very impressive for us [ahem] racing fraternity.. 8)

This is my short shifter :

Some pics during installation :

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/ ... G_1006.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/ ... G_1007.jpg

If you guys ever need something to assist you with racing gear-
changes_this would be it_I tested it on a private road and lets just
say that I was impressed with the little ol 160i 4AFE due to the
new short shifter installation.

8)
By mayurh
howzit guys
i have a top lock gear lock.how much harder will it b to install this short shifter?
By Ewie
Hybrid: Just want to know,is the loose standing 1 the new 1 and the in-car pics the original 1?
Glad your happy,considering to get myself 1 aswell.
By RedRocket
:arrow: mayurh: wont be much more difficult. still pretty simple!! you can even use your original base with the gearlock in already...

i only have two units left!!! first come first serve as these are the last two i will have!!
nice hybrid..... :twisted:

just 1 question...how will the car be as an everyday driver with the short shifter??

p.s-did u eva get a reply from the 2nd pics u sent.cos i neva got a sent confirmation...so was just wondering.if not..thanks buddy!much appreciated
lil toy wrote:nice hybrid..... :twisted:

just 1 question...how will the car be as an everyday driver with the short shifter??

p.s-did u eva get a reply from the 2nd pics u sent.cos i neva got a sent confirmation...so was just wondering.if not..thanks buddy!much appreciated
Its perfect as an everyday driver [my opinion]_its just a little stiff at the moment due to the fact that its brand new and one has put it through good use for it to become a little loose_my gearchanges 'seem' more precise now.I am very happy with it... 8)

I think i got your last mail_what was it about again ?
By Hybrid
Ewie wrote:Hybrid: Just want to know,is the loose standing 1 the new 1 and the in-car pics the original 1?
Glad your happy,considering to get myself 1 aswell.
Sorry bro_I will post more pics soon_the one standing on its
own [out of the car] is the new shifter... :wink:
By Trigger
Nice one Hybrid. You running at the next event?
By Ewie
Shots Hybrid!
You said the shifts between 1st and 2nd is much shorter-about 10cm.What about the distance between left and right,I mean between 1st and 3rd for instance.Is that shorter as well or is it only the back - forth distance thats shorter?
By Hybrid
Trigger wrote:Nice one Hybrid. You running at the next event?
Hi bro_hope you doin well_The next event is Newcastle/SNS_not goin for that one_gonna be participating in First Avenue [date not confirmed] and Mtuba [October]...need to bring my time down.. 8)
By Hybrid
Ewie wrote:Shots Hybrid!
You said the shifts between 1st and 2nd is much shorter-about 10cm.What about the distance between left and right,I mean between 1st and 3rd for instance.Is that shorter as well or is it only the back - forth distance thats shorter?
Hi Ewie_Please PM me your e-mail address_wanna discuss some-thing
with you_Well it seems like the entire shifter is shorter_what i can do
is measure the distances between my original shifter and the new
short shifter and post measurements to show the difference... 8)
By Ewie
I PM'ed you my e-mail adress.
There's more to the short shifter than just a shorter stick.I think I figured it out.The levers connecting to the cables need to be made longer.For that there need to be a spacer between the knuckle and the base plate.To cancel out that lift the stick is made shorter.
Conquest Clips

Hi Guys, I am looking for the clips for the rear[…]