Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

For the Toyota Enthusiast.

NOTE: Section LOCKED - no new topics can be posted. Please use one of the relevant subsections
Forum rules: Please use proper topics (subject) for your posts. Topics like "Please help", "Advice needed", "Info please" or any other uninformative topics that doesn't reflect what the post is about will be deleted without warning.

Jacking threads will be a 2 business day (So Saturday and Sunday is excluded) ban, so watch it.
By Batman
TwincamSTI wrote:
wolf20v wrote: so basically a +-20kw gain from port and poilsh :shock: :shock:
nope...23kw from port n polish / gasflow / cams / branch n zaust / cone filter (no C.A.I yet) & uni'chipped...
i don't think he mentioned anything about branches, freeflow or cone filter.
I could be wrong but from what i heard was that everything else is still stock.The chipping/remapping that he does himself and gave very strict instructions never to dyno it else its gonna mess up.
Maybe those power claims include a branch/zorst and cone filter.
But my motor is absolutly stock. even the branch and zorst,and got std filter. I cant recall him touching these parts.

I'm still in the dark here. Also on 94 models what was the compression?
By monark
8)

@ Batman:
For a super hero your knowledge regarding modifying anything is rather limted.... :lol:

Bro if you are going to spend R6000 for quite simply what is a full race spec cylinderhead why on God's green earth are you going to keep the branch and exhaust standard? Your motor will be breathing about 300% better and hence the exhaust side of things needs to be upgraded rather substantially! :idea:

I swear by a 38mm branch and a 50mm freeflow performance exhaust system on an AFE... Mr Repsold recommends a 44mm branch with a 57mm exhaust... once again this only really works with a high compression motor, ie: 20v
Each unto their own I guess :arrow: :wink:

I not revert to the famous South Park Chewbakkah defense: "This just doesn't make sense..." :lol: :lol: :lol:
By monark
@ TwincamSTi:
Bro your AFE is putting out some nice power!

70kw at the wheels up on the Reef is about 82-84kw on the wheels down here at the coast! your torque figure down here would be about 148Nm on the wheels... Thats some solid power their brother!

If you have a free second please try and find out about the branch and the exhaust*

I have a Viper Branch and it is a beautiful piece of kit!
By Carvin...
Not to go off the point of afe's, but is there a conversion that Dave can do to a 4age 16v as well?
By VIP - ZN
IF I WASNT GETTING BUCKLED IN NOVEMBER, I WOULD HAVE DONE THE REPSOLD CONVERSION BOUT 2 MONTHS AGO!! ANYWAY LIFES LIKE THAT, JUST GOT TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!

TWINCAMSTI - ANY IDEA WAS MAKE AND SPEC CAMS DAVES USED!!

JUST CURIOUS!! THINKING BOUT DOING THE CAMS FIRST AND THE REST OF THE CONVERSION WHEN I GOTS SUM TOTAL!!$$$$$

IF I DO THE CAMS NOW AND THE REST LATER!! WHAT WILL THE CAMS COST ME FROM REPSOLD?? REMEMBER MASTERCAMS WANT R1700 A PAIR!! THEY DO A 258 OR 268 OR 276 PAIR KIT!

ANY IDEA WHAT ARE THE POWER GAINS BY JUST ADDING CAMS!! 5-7KW???

CANT WAIT TO DO MY HEAD CONVERSION!!
By Hybrid
Yo Twincam STi...Always a pleasure hearing from you bro....We must hook-up again when you down in Durb's and please bring that demon 4AFE with....Hope you doin well bro....Its been a while hey...I see that you busy with work and everything....Cool....Yes I would say that Dave's conversion works well...Me must start saving and I hope to have it done this year ending..... :roll: Those power outputs promised by Dave Repsold are really worth the price of the conversion.... :twisted:
By Hybrid
Batman wrote:
TwincamSTI wrote:
wolf20v wrote: so basically a +-20kw gain from port and poilsh :shock: :shock:
nope...23kw from port n polish / gasflow / cams / branch n zaust / cone filter (no C.A.I yet) & uni'chipped...
I could be wrong but from what i heard was that everything else is still stock.The chipping/remapping that he does himself and gave very strict instructions never to dyno it else its gonna mess up.
But my motor is absolutly stock. even the branch and zorst,and got std filter. I cant recall him touching these parts.

I'm still in the dark here. Also on 94 models what was the compression?[/quote]

All 4AFE'S came out with a 9.5:1 Compression Ratio...Even the 4AF'S...maybe Import 4AFE motors Compression Ratio's differed...must look into that one on the International Toyota Forums...... :roll:
As you will also note that this is arather low Compression Ratio....The Citi Golf Life has a Compression Ratio of 10.5:1....Go figure....... :lol: :lol:
By Hybrid
Hybrid wrote:
Batman wrote:
TwincamSTI wrote: nope...23kw from port n polish / gasflow / cams / branch n zaust / cone filter (no C.A.I yet) & uni'chipped...

I'm still in the dark here. Also on 94 models what was the compression?[/
All 4AFE'S came out with a 9.5:1 Compression Ratio...Even the 4AF'S...maybe Import 4AFE motors Compression Ratio's differed...must look into that one on the International Toyota Forums...... :roll:
As you will also note that this is arather low Compression Ratio....The Citi Golf Life has a Compression Ratio of 10.5:1....Go figure....... :lol: :lol:
By naughtazz
Hi there sportsfans,

Just to let you know that Dave is putting the price of the conversion up by the 1st of July, +- R8200.00. So for R6000.00 I think it's gonna be a bargain.

My 2c worth,

Naughtazz
Charged Aggression
4AG-ZE for life !
By lil toy
naughtazz wrote:Hi there sportsfans,

Just to let you know that Dave is putting the price of the conversion up by the 1st of July, +- R8200.00. So for R6000.00 I think it's gonna be a bargain.

My 2c worth,

Naughtazz
Charged Aggression
4AG-ZE for life !
DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: ... :cry: :cry: :cry:
By naughtazz
Hey there sportsfans,

Just to let you know you toyota nuts that 2 of Dave Repsold's cars are up for sale. His Tazz with the 7AFE motor is going for R120000.00 onco & his turbo race car which makes +- 379 kw's on the wheels is going for R90000.00.

Naughtazz
Charged Aggression
4AG-ZE for life !
By Hybrid
naughtazz wrote:Hi there sportsfans,

My 2c worth,

Naughtazz
Charged Aggression
4AG-ZE for life !
Now this is hectic....Looks like we will have to resort to a 20 valve conversion for that price man...R 8000 is over the hill i say..eish.. :shock:
By naughtazz
Hey there sportfans,

Just to irratate Pravesh & Batman, my corolla(4afe) has been booked & paid for @ Repsold. Will have it back next week Monday. Will let you know how she runs.

Naughtazz
Charged Aggression
4AG-ZE for life !
By Batman
Hey Let me Know how your baby runs.
I wanna go ahead with it Pravesh says she runs like a firebat out of hell.
But i'm having logistical problems getting the car to Repsold.
By Cracky
hey guys

any1 of u know who in the Cape does conversions like that?

u jhb 4afe boys r lucky nir :twisted: :lol:
By tyrone
Howzit guys,

I have personally heard good and bad about this conversion but in all seems to be a very good route from the positive views. I have seen and run against Twincam Sti's 4AFE (when his bro had it) and this car runs well. Personally if I still had my 4AF I would do the conversion :wink:
By IanM
This is all interesting. To get that much power of of those engines is really cool. My question is does he do these conversions on a 4age engine. If so has anyone had it done. Where could i do such a conversion besides SAC's or Rob green?
By tyrone
IanM wrote:This is all interesting. To get that much power of of those engines is really cool. My question is does he do these conversions on a 4age engine. If so has anyone had it done. Where could i do such a conversion besides SAC's or Rob green?
From ur Signature I see that you have the TC16. Seeing the mods the guys are doing you could do the ffg:

- CAMS, gasflow
- Vernier Cam Gears
- ITB's of a 20V :D
- Chip

Put up a post and you should get some input and specs from the PE guys, 88RSi, etc :wink:
By BYX 180i GLE
Gents, where is this guy situaited....would sure like to visit him
By naughtazz
He is in Boksburg, on Rietfontein Road. Just before Nick Koen Auto Alignment centre. If this makes no sense to you, he is on the same road as the east rand mall !
By IanM
Thanks Tyrone. I will check around. If u can get that power with little done to the car then ill go for it.
By IanM
Has anyone taken thier 20v to him. Would like to know what power they getting after.
By Die$eL
naughtazz wrote:He is in Boksburg, on Rietfontein Road. Just before Nick Koen Auto Alignment centre. If this makes no sense to you, he is on the same road as the east rand mall !
Did you get ur cabbie back from Dave?

hows the power difference?
By ReeRomer
IanM wrote:Has anyone taken thier 20v to him. Would like to know what power they getting after.
Greg took his 20V to him but it was NOT a pleasant experience :!:
The car actually made less power than before :shock:
By IanM
Damm. Im sure wasnt a happy chappie
By 180i // SPORT
What up boys!! long time coz i dont have net access at a client :cry:
But hey in my opinion, who ever has an afe motor and does not do the repsold conv...what a waste...my baby is movin like a beast!!
some road kills...

The day i got my cabbie 1st race, pulled infront of a veloshni 1.6..gears 1,2 and bit of 3 then we tapped off
2nd race honda civic 1.8 (2006)...ran him by a fender 1st and 2nd then had to tap off coz of other cars
3rd slopel 1.8 2001- 2003, not even a challenge!!
4th Raced a stock 180i on the highway..he was like :shock: , thaught my cabbie was a tazz!!

Trust me boyz, its worth every cent!!!!

@ naughtazz, my car was done by the time you booked bro, we must meet up coz id like to see how your cabbie runs...i think i saw ur cabbie, it was a twincam conquest? am i right..very neat cabbie !!

@ monark..dude, you kno ur ***!! thanx for the advise!.. ur cabbie is running well - 16sec on 1/4 mile :shock: ...AFE Power all the way!!
By naughtazz
Pravesh, Wrong car. 160i GLE corolla with 17" Momo's on. I can't really say I'm very happy. It runs a bit better, in that I mean it rev's more. I don't really feel this power you guys are talking about. Dave's son says it's one the fastest they have built.
I need to put higher cc/flowing injectors in and then check !

Maybe it's just me..........?
By ReeRomer
naughtazz wrote: Dave's son says it's one the fastest they have built.
That's what they tell all the customers boet :cry:
By sout
naughtazz wrote:Pravesh, Wrong car. 160i GLE corolla with 17" Momo's on. I can't really say I'm very happy. It runs a bit better, in that I mean it rev's more. I don't really feel this power you guys are talking about. Dave's son says it's one the fastest they have built.
I need to put higher cc/flowing injectors in and then check !

Maybe it's just me..........?
Wats up Naughtazz?

Long time no hear.
Have you gotten back your 4agze yet?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]