Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

We have revived the forum resource for your enjoyment.

Performance enhancements & engine swops.
Forum rules: This section is for topics related to PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS and ENGINE SWOPS.
Hey guys... Is it possible to set 2 boost settings on a std dictator management system... And if it is possible what do I need to do it.. If I want to run .4 for everyday driving and .8 for when I get a need for speed lol... Thanks guys
ok what you need to understand is that dicktator, or most lower end management systems do not control boost, so what you do is map the car to max boost you going to run, dicktator can manage 2 bar and up with no issue, so you map the car to max boost, and then to secondary boost, so in essence you use one map, but full throttle at .4 and at .8 will need to be mapped, assuming you mean turbo, as sc you wont be able to switch boost, so fuel and timing map must be set at .4 across the rev range, and again at .8, with allowance for some boost creep to say 1 bar, do not just cut off at .8, map everything, even if you guess, err on the side of rich.

reason being if something happens to wastegate etc, and it overboosts suddenly, the unmapped part will make it lean...kabooom. but if its overly rich, it will just bog down.
i reccomend getting a more intellegent management system that has a few more features, like haltech etc, they have lambda and knock control, they are self learning as well, if you spent the cash on a good turbo setup, why not bite the bullet and do the management too?

if you cannot afford, like me, go for something cheaper than dicktator and better than any other local management on the market, powermods, it has lambda control, and flat shift, launch control, dual maps, fan control, more load sites, tps and map mixing, etc, its the best system out there locally.
LowRSI wrote:?

if you cannot afford, like me, go for something cheaper than dicktator and better than any other local management on the market, powermods, it has lambda control, and flat shift, launch control, dual maps, fan control, more load sites, tps and map mixing, etc, its the best system out there locally.
:lol:
_speed-freak_ wrote:

whats funny boet....
LowRSI wrote:
_speed-freak_ wrote:

whats funny boet....
change.... its good :wink:
Twincam gearbox

I have a gearbox for sale off my gli twincam. It's[…]