Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

We have revived the forum resource for your enjoyment.

Performance enhancements & engine swops.
Forum rules: This section is for topics related to PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS and ENGINE SWOPS.
By Tashick
Hi guys

Where in JHB can I get Polyurethane mounts made up... OR decent aftermarket ones.
It's for a 7AFE motor.

Thanks
Tashick
By TopGunX
from personal experience, on my 4a-fe, polyurethane mounts are way too stiff for an FE motor, its extremely annoying cos it shudders on takeoff and acceleration... poly mounts are for extremely high-power applications where normal mounts would fail.. the poly mounts are way too stiff for everyday driving - the factory mounts are the best
By Killa_16V
TopGunX wrote:from personal experience, on my 4a-fe, polyurethane mounts are way too stiff for an FE motor, its extremely annoying cos it shudders on takeoff and acceleration... poly mounts are for extremely high-power applications where normal mounts would fail.. the poly mounts are way too stiff for everyday driving - the factory mounts are the best

Ive heard that they can make u softer ones. They just drill a few holes in them to allow flex.

A friend of mine bought his in Durbs and they softened it for him :wink:
By TriXsta20
Did 2 of mine here, surely going to do the rest soon.

Poly Mounts
031 7016201
Engine bay much firmer n I was told they did the softer grade rubber
By shavs
trixsta how is the ride in it? does it have lota vibration ? I also need my 20 done...engine mounts are a pain
By Black.Spook
Get the mounting made up , broke my second set from the agents :crybaby:
By TriXsta20
shavs wrote:trixsta how is the ride in it? does it have lota vibration ? I also need my 20 done...engine mounts are a pain
My old mount was an orig toyo one and it ended up 2 pieces.
The new poly mount is on and u dont even notice any vibe :thumbright:
But this morning i found another broken toyo mount that i changed last year :shock:
By xplosiv-trd
polyutherene , is the same as sica flex isnt it?
whats the cost Vz ?

what color is the material they used?
ive seen red, yellow and blue mountings,
apparently its different stress ratings
By TriXsta20
xplosiv-trd wrote:polyutherene , is the same as sica flex isnt it?
whats the cost Vz ?

what color is the material they used?
ive seen red, yellow and blue mountings,
apparently its different stress ratings
It black wayne :thumbright:
The other colours are the SOLID ones.
Feels like the sidewall of your inflated tyre.
Its completely filled with two holes for flex.

Its R200 each but if you hand in a set of 4 or more they are R150 each :thumbright:
By TopGunX
I wish i knew all this when i had mine made, i was so disappointed when the car shuddered worse than with the broken mountings :crybaby:
By Deeno
Been wanting to do this for a while now, but was also worried about the vibration issue. So when they make up your new one does it still have that metal part in the centre for the bolt or is it jus full poly with drilled holes?
By WEZO
Deeno wrote:Been wanting to do this for a while now, but was also worried about the vibration issue. So when they make up your new one does it still have that metal part in the centre for the bolt or is it jus full poly with drilled holes?
Still has the metal part.

Did them om my 20...had a slight vib on idle but other than that it was fine :thumbright:
By Deeno
Kwl thanks wezo. You did all four I'm guessing?
By superCboy
worry about the front and rear ones most! the other ones just keep the motor in place and doesnt really "take" any torque. Oem are fine for them. U should be most concern about the firewall and radiator mounts!
By Thoonsil
with hard launching and abusive driving, the oem mounts will last js under a year if u are lucky
I had the poly mounts made up fr the tec, best move ever..very very slight vibration on idle, with driving, there are no signs of vibration
These mounts have bn tried and tested by many of the guys here on the forum, works 100s

The siga flex mounts are weak, they never lasted long with my driving, go the poly route :thumbright:
By WEZO
Deeno wrote:Kwl thanks wezo. You did all four I'm guessing?
Nope just the front and rear...had std ones for the other 2
By shavs
ok cool guys so where is the best place to do this, i no there is a place in pinetown but is there anyway else ? Whats the process, do you just take your car there and they do it or ?
By superCboy
most places that I know of in CT ,u take the mounting to them and do fitment urself! its not really a big job!
By Toyota Tazz
Tashick wrote:Hi guys

Where in JHB can I get Polyurethane mounts made up... OR decent aftermarket ones.
It's for a 7AFE motor.

Thanks
Tashick
Howzit, I did my mountings for my 2E Tazz about 3 years ago after going through a couple of aftermarket ones, no problems thus far just some vibration on the car that I would like to get rid of. I forgot the name and contacts of the engineers all I can remember they are in Alberton and I found them in the yellow pages.
By Tashick
Shot thanks for the replies peeps.

Much appreciated. If I find the guys to do it here in JHB I will post up contact details. :)
Twincam gearbox

I have a gearbox for sale off my gli twincam. It's[…]