Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

We have revived the forum resource for your enjoyment.

Styling & visual enhancements.
Forum rules: This section is for topics related to STYLING & VISUAL changes
By Die$eL
I'm just wondering whether this would work.

The black beadings etc. on cars start to fade over time.

What about spraying them with clear glossy finish plastidip?

Wouldn't that keep them looking lekker without having to constantly silicon them etc?
By WGMR2
dont use silicone, has no UV protecting properties.

Tghe beadings and windscreen cowl on my MR where a bit faded, I just used Shield Dash spray lol, Made it look like new, same thing that keeps my softop looking hundreds
By Diddy
There is a "Direct to Plastic" paint by Rustoleum that I used for the plastics on my bumper (has a pic of plastic chair on the can) . You just clean the surface and spray this on, no primer required. Works well for car plastics.

I put it on my front and rear bumper on the ST, made all the gray bits black. I'm no paintist (painterer?), but it looked good for 100 bucks of spray paint. 8)
By WGMR2
theres a big difference between restoring and painting,

after a year or 2 the paint is going to start peeling and then its going to look ***,

Restoring them with a good quality product like from Meguires etc would be my choice
By Sean007
Kiwi or nugget shoe polish and applicator works the best. These polishes have a UV stabiliser . Regular treatments create a nice inky black player.
Been using it for years on the fords plastic bumpers, and mud guards.
Apply a liberal coat and allow an hour to dry, then buff to a gloss with a soft cloth. The shine lasts at least a month and does not attract dust like silicon.

By WGMR2
Yeah before the the days of silicone, my ballie used to use sunbeam stoep Polish on his tires, what a mission, but made the tires shine like you won't believe, and lasted very long not just a day or 2
By Die$eL
WGMR2 wrote:Yeah before the the days of silicone, my ballie used to use sunbeam stoep Polish on his tires, what a mission, but made the tires shine like you won't believe, and lasted very long not just a day or 2
i used to polish the tyres on my ballie's cabs with shoe polish. was a mission and i ended up with black hands and nails :oops: :oops:
By Sean007
Just to add, I am referring to the Liquid polish. The bottle comes with a nice sponge applicator on the end, so you not getting ur hands messy.
You can get it at Pick n Pay or Checkers for R30 or so , but it lasts for ages.
By Die$eL
Sean007 wrote:Just to add, I am referring to the Liquid polish. The bottle comes with a nice sponge applicator on the end, so you not getting ur hands messy.
You can get it at Pick n Pay or Checkers for R30 or so , but it lasts for ages.
oooooooor, that makes much more sense.
Twincam gearbox

I have a gearbox for sale off my gli twincam. It's[…]