First up I'd like someone to help out with a typical grocery list of parts you will need if you plan to turbo charge a 20v... what makes or brands of parts are ideal and cheap and where to source.
1. Pistons - I've been told Weisico are good.
2. Conrods - I've been told the stock ones are good for 0.5 to 0.7 bar boost (Blacktop or Silvertop)
3. Exhaust - who's the best for this?
4. Exhaust branch manifold - who would make this right?
5. Bolts - some folk talk about ARP bolts? Are they really necessary if you're just gonna run 0.7 bar boost?
6. Piping - again who should we contact?
7. Fuel Management System / ECU - I've heard that the Gotech Pro would be perfect and that this is all you need?
8. Clutch - a friend of mine has a contact in Vereeniging that builds the standard clutch to copper spec or something for like R600... sounds like a bargain.
9. Gearbox - I reckon for starters the normal gearbox with the above clutch is fine... for drag racing I will save for an LSD.
10. Intercooler - which one, what dimensions and what cost? How on earth will I find space in front to mount this???
Then my grand question to everyone is with about 130Kws to 150Kws at the wheels with the above mods... what kind of cabbies will I beat.
1. Golf G5 GTI '07
2. Ford Focus ST
3. Renault Megane Sport
4. Honda Civic Type-R
5. Audi A4 / A3 2.0T
6. BMW 330i E46
7. Old Spec Audi S3?
8. BMW 330i E90?
9. Any reasonably modded diesel - 330D / Cupra's etc.
AND HOW WOULD I FARE IN A ROLLING START AGAINST A M3 E46 and a AUDI RS4?
16.4s 1/4 mile @ Maddog Raceway - Battle of the Clubs (May 2008) - 1st Place Naturally Aspirated Toyotas
16.9s 1/4 mile @ Tarlton - Battle of the Clubs (Oct 2006) - 2nd Place Winner