Welcome to the Twincam Club Forum!

We have revived the forum resource for your enjoyment.

Long-term build projects.
By taplow tazz20v
hy guys,

i would jus like to know is it in any way possible that i could fit my c150 stock gearbox that came with my 130 to a 4AGE SILVERTOP MOTOR, the guy doing my conversion told me that all he is going to need is a clutch kit used in the 1600i 4afe model now, i m confused cause everyone else tells me that it wont work unless the housing has been changed to a c52 housing, :cry:

i m also told that the mountings on the car wont hav to be moved,

please help
By Cousen
your going to en up taking the motor out again in 4months. that clutch won't last, been there done that. the ratios on that box is all wrong, even if you get it to fit somehow and doubt it will hold up to the abuse it's going to get.

Don’t know how it’s going to work without moving the mounting, it will definitely not line up.
By LowRSI
Having just done the conversion, i can safely say the tazz 130 gearbox will not fit, different series motor, 2e to 4a, maybe with some heavy mods it could possibly, but whay?, just buy a good jap import for 2500, i did and am very happy.

the cam belt mounting needs to change, but is actually very easy to do.

check my build thread in how to section.

pm me or ask on the thread any questions you may have.

and let me say this, external fuel pump DOES NOT WORK WELL AT ALL!!!!

fit one in the tank
By taplow tazz20v
so i shuld start looking for a gearbox, but which one would one from a 7afe work well with my silvertop 20v, and would i need the drive shafts to be changed :?
By Cousen
no and no. get the proper 5speed. Forgot the model number now. The ratios are to long for the engine. flat foot you will never get to max 4th, not that you can drive those speeds any ware legally. but still
By LowRSI
well like i said in my thread, you need a c52 gearbox, problem is they came in two final drive ratios, one for the 4afe, and one for the 4age, to descern between them is not easy at all, they have the double starter mounts (mickey mouse box), i got hold of a long ratio box, seems to be ok, only no power in top up hills.

but i will swop it with my 88RSi with the GZE motor, more than enough torque there.

side shafts are a straight swop, as is every mounting except centre gearbox on 2e motor is not used, and cam belt side mounting needs modification
By taplow tazz20v
i checked it out the how to guide, what was total cost for this conversion and is it reliable, are you using an aftermarket management system, and how long dd this take, :?:
By Cousen
From what I have seen, as long as you don’t open the motor and look after it will be reliable. Depends allot on the condition of the motor you put in also.

Common things that might happens is thermostat and sensors. VVT gear does not last forever, and clutch/gearbox tends to brake (depending mostly on what you do with it).

Take whatever a service costs you on the 2E and double it then prepare for the every 5000km oil change and also the increased fuel consumption. My petrol doubled with the 20valve.

Just an example, I can service the 2E on just over R300, my self. If you get the platinum plugs that is recommended for the 20valve, they alone is just over R400… But R20 plugs still works on them, you don’t have to put the plats in.
By taplow tazz20v
yea i undastand that the overall maintaince will be more than the 1300, one other thing guys is the diktator, does this work well with the silvertop 20v, or should i also start looking for a ecu,

i m stressing guys this is my baby and i hope it will run well after all of this no short cuts,

also guys can you recommend anyone would do this conversion for me, i m in gauteng joburg west, i was hoping to be done with it by the beginning of april
:?
By LowRSI
ok.

i will update the how to and put pics better.

i run dicktator without a problem, installed like a dream and works well, just working on the idle control valve, but it idles ok , cold start is fine.

i find it is lighter of fuel on highway than the 1300 was, but it struggles with the long ratio box on uphills, but on the level it is fine.

it is silent, feels like its factory fitted, but you must use the in tank fuel pump, this is a must.

i can do the conversion for you, i live in roodepoort, you are welcome to pop past and come drive my tazz, and see my work first hand.

if you have all the parts, the conversion will take me a weekend, with basic map, then you can drive it away and have it dynoed at your convenience.

as far as maintenance, i use normal plugs, no problems so far, i only use helix yellow bottle and oem toyota oil filter on both my supercharged and 20v.

R400 to R500 for full service.

i changed the thermostat, it was fubar, started up, ran for a day, changed oil again and new filter.

my VVT is a bit rowdy, but it works fine, but i assumed i will have to change it in future, no biggie, the motor itself is in excellent condition.
cost wise you looking at about :

motor 4500
gearbox 2500
management 2200
ignitor 300
dizzy mod DIY
mounting 400
fuel pump 500?, secondhand, not sure new.
fuel line 300
exhaust
join 300
full 1200
service kit 400

misc bits 500

prices may be cheaper on some, but this is what i found
By Cousen
Now there really is nothing else to say LowRSI pretty much covered it all :| I don’t know why you struggle with hills though? My tazz pulled fine with the long ratio box on hills, but I am at the coast and I had a set of evil cams in there :dontknow:
By LowRSI
its not mapped yet, so may be that, running a basic map at moment.

no experience running a 20v, never driven/in one, so dont know how they supposed to run.

look if i give it stick, and get revs up to 5000 and more, then it goes very well, have had the speedo off clock, dropped a 2.0 polo, well not a achievement that, but it is ok. :twisted:

as far as my ser3 4AGE i used to run, the 16v would have chowed it, but again, not been mapped, we had issues with fuel delivery and pressure, hence the reason why in tank pump is the best, no more issues, now just need to get it mapped properly.
By Cousen
LowRSI wrote:its not mapped yet, so may be that, running a basic map at moment.

no experience running a 20v, never driven/in one, so dont know how they supposed to run.

look if i give it stick, and get revs up to 5000 and more, then it goes very well, have had the speedo off clock, dropped a 2.0 polo, well not a achievement that, but it is ok. :twisted:

as far as my ser3 4AGE i used to run, the 16v would have chowed it, but again, not been mapped, we had issues with fuel delivery and pressure, hence the reason why in tank pump is the best, no more issues, now just need to get it mapped properly.
20valve likes high revs, cruize at 4000rpm and that is not so easy with your gearbox. i never used 5th gear

Does anyone have the discount coupon Jewlry Stores[…]

posso usare litaliano

Does anyone have the discount coupon Jewlry Stores[…]

Can you help me translate

i am from Italy hello. Can you help me translate? […]

Привет! интересный у вас сайт! Нашел русскую базу[…]